Locomotive restoration costs a lot of money and we need broad support to continue our successful record of restoring and overhauling scrap-yard wrecks.
Our locos were sent to the scrap yard at Barry in the 1960's, but fortunately were not cut up.
Sir Keith Park had several owners before it arrived at SLL's Sellindge base in 2000.
Formed in 1990 we are a not-for-profit non-listed company with over 800 shareholders. For information about becoming a shareholder in the company please email Simon Troy at email@example.com, call 01474 833263, or write to 16 Arcadia Road, Istead Rise, Meopham, Kent, DA13 9EH.
For existing shareholders there is a Shareholders Page with information about the company and forthcoming events. You will need a password to access this page.
Much of our work is done by volunteers at Swanage and Sellindge alongside a core of skilled paid staff.
The locos were totally stripped and every item returned to as-new condition.
- 34010 Sidmouth - Full restoration from scrapyard condition
- 34053 Sir Keith Park - Overhaul
- 34058 Sir Frederick Pile - Full restoration from scrapyard condition
- 35025 Brocklebank Line - Full restoration from scrapyard condition
- 80104 - Overhaul
- Norman - Overhaul
After years of work the loco leaves the workshop good as new.
Our shareholders are offered Driving & Firing trips on the locos they helped to restore.
To make a donation to any loco
- Donations large and small are most gratefully received, and can be made towards the restoration or overhaul of any of our locos. Please send a cheque made out to Southern Locomotives Ltd to Simon Troy, 16 Arcadia Road, Istead Rise, Meopham, Kent, DA13 9EH.
- By bank transfer. Our details are: Southern Locomotives Limited, Barclays Bank, S/C 20-90-56, A/C 70826235. Please send us an email or letter so we know who to thank!
- By PayPal. Coming soon.
A fine art print for supporters
We offer exclusive copies of prints by Richard Green locos-in-profile.co.uk to each person making a new contribution of £250 or more featuring 34010 Sidmouth, 34028 Eddystone, 34053 Sir Keith Park, 34058 Sir Frederick Pile, 34070 Manston, 34072 257 Squadron, 35025 Brocklebank Line or 80104.
More details of these prints can be found here.
A bequest to Southern Locomotives Ltd.
You can make a bequest, i.e. a donation defined in your Will. Our full name is Southern Locomotives Ltd, and our Registered Office is at 7, The Broadway, Broadstairs, Kent, CT10 2AD